- 1 lb sausage (sweet or hot)
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp oil (I always use olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp brown
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp hot sauce (I used sriracha)
- 1 tsp worchestershire
- 1 beer (almost anything on hand is fine)
Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions. Cook the onions until they are translucent and just starting to caramelize. They should look something like below.
Add in the salt, pepper, brown sugar, worcestershire, hot sauce, and sausage.
Add the beer and stir it all together.
Cover and cook 20 minutes. Turn sausage about half-way through.
After the 20 minutes, remove cover and let the whole thing reduce a bit (about 5 minutes).
Can serve over mashed potatoes or in a roll. YUM.